Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Hermit thrush

I didn't think I had anything to show this week but then remembered this little guy.

 

He is the second one ( remember the purple background?)

The words hermit thrush are quilted in with a gold colored thread.

I really like how the quilting came out. I used a variegated green and yellowish thread that is thicker than what I usually use so it stood out. The fabric I used on the bird didn't really work so I tried painting over it and the results are sort of muddled. Not thrilled about that but it turned out ok so I finished it. I like these little ones hanging from a branch.

Isn't that where birds hang out?

BTW - I'm sitting here this morning smelling my favorite crock pot recipe that I've had going all night. Since quilters like easy and quick I will share it with you. I like it because it's just dump and go, also it's so easy I can remember how to do it.

Here is the original recipe:

White Chicken Chili

1 lb dry white beans (or 4 cans if you don’t have time to crock it)
6c chicken broth (or water and bullion)
1 tbsps cumin
2 or 3 large chicken breasts (cooked if not crocking)
3 med onions, chopped
garlic – lots of it!
(crock it on low most of the day)
add
2 cans green chili peppers
1/2 lb shredded pepper jack cheese
lots of cilantro and sour creme to garnish

 

I like to put it together the night before and let it go all night on low and I use more broth because I like it more like a think soup. Great for a cold day.

6 comments:

  1. Your thrush I'd so beautiful! You have such a talent for this stuff! I need to try that chili recipe. I think I am smelling it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to add, check out quilt inspiration in my sidebar. I wouldn't have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bird, with a shy look in his eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh he's pretty.
    I liked your comment to Glen...eat the ufo's dog!
    LEeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bark is extra amazing too!

    ReplyDelete