Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I had a great idea for a squirrel snowboarding down an ice covered tree branch. Made a nice winter mountain landscape background.

But lost my head when it came to the squirrel.

 

I think it's the variegated thread I used. It looked light brown but came out dark and just looks wierd.

And I am not picking it out, it's fusible and fusible doesn't pick. Done. Move on.

It is now a placemat.

So today I worked on putting together a disapearing nine patch baby quilt - more like the disappointing nine patch. The mother is a fire / rescue person so I found this flannel having to do with fire department stuff. Then pulled the colors from it, red, orange, green etc.

I do not like this either - it's to jumbled, busy, I don't know.

Crap!

I will save it.

Any suggestions?

My one saving grace from this week is

Alvin!!!!!

Him I like :-)

 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....I kinda like the snowboarding squirrel. It is crazy enough to be cool. I have to admire people who pull together odd fabrics of various patterns and make it look like they belong together. I can't. So my quilts when I try it, look like your fire lady's quilt. So I guess I kinda like that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thread woes happen. Maybe it won't show from a few feet. Maybe it's okay as it is as it adds to the electric screaming mood of thrilling snowboarding! Don't forget color pencils can shade over wrong threads.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete