Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Natures hiding place

I'm linking up to Amys creative sides blogger festival with this post.

 

Walking thru the woods this fall inspired me to make this art quilt.

I loved making it so much I decided to make it into a pattern to sell on craftsy.

I've been working on this thing for a month and it's still not done. I keep making new versions so the pattern keeps getting put on the back burner. You see it's far more fun to make a quilt than a boring old pattern :-)

 

I take tons of photos on my walks and this is the one that inspired me on this quilt.

 

 

 

 

This one has leaves made of cut up yarn and is small. - the size of a 8.5 x11 paper.

See, I am at least thinking of a pattern.

 

This one is a little bigger - for those midnight cat patrols

 

And finally, today I blew up the original 8.5 x11 pattern 200% and am doing a winter scene.

What is addicting about this is finding little creatures for the hiding place - I have a raccoon or a fox for this winter one.

Stay tuned for the finish :-)

Quilt Happy!

 

6 comments:

  1. I love your idea of the hidey hole and taking it to the next level and the next. And I do so love the pumpkin from the last post! Great job peoples. maybe next year they will REALLY get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous...I also take heaps of pics when I walk....and that's just about it...maybe I'll turn them into something one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very beautiful and clever!! thanks for sharing and having a great day (also, thanks for comment on my entry--it pales in comparison to all the glorious ones you and others have done, but i had fun making them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work - such great details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is fabulous vision you have. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing! I love all the different creatures.

    ReplyDelete